Recent news featuring Mira Debs’ research
- Mira Debs, August 3, 2019. “Global Adaptation: Montessori in India.” Harvard Education Press Blog.
- Jay Matthews, August 2, 2019 “No Excuses make no excuses for updating their approach.” Washington Post.
- Jennifer Berkshire and Jack Schneider, May 2, 2019, “Different Strokes for Different Folks?” Have you Heard podcast.
- Matt Barnum, April 30, 2019, “What does Montessori mean in the age of school choice? Researcher Mira Debs explains.” Chalkbeat.
- Nora Fleming, April 28, 2019, “A Public School Makes the Case for Montessori for All.” Edutopia.
- Emily Langhorne, March 27, 2019 “The Montessori Comeback.” Forbes.
- Debs, Mira, September 23, 2018, “Jeff Bezos and the Trap of the Charitable-Industrial Complex.” New York Times.
- Goldstein, Dana Sept. 21, 2018 “Jeff Bezos Cites a Big Number, but Few Details, in Plan for Low-Income Montessori Preschools.” New York Times.
- Meckler, Laura, Nov. 5, 2018 “Montessori, long a favorite for wealthy families, struggles to expand its reach.” Washington Post.
- Stacy Khadaroo, 2018. “More than ‘beautiful words’: How one school fights to keep racial equity.” Christian Science Monitor.
- Michele Molnar. 2018. “Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Announces $2 Billion Philanthropic Fund for Preschools, Homeless Families.” Ed Week Market Brief.
- Sarah Sparks, 2016. “In Charter School Era, Montessori Model Flourishes.” Ed Week.
Selected Research Articles
- Golann, Joanne, Mira Debs and Anna Weiss. 2019. “’To be Strict on your own’: Black and Latinx parents evaluate discipline in urban choice schools,” American Journal of Educational Research
- Debs, Mira and Katie Brown. 2017. “Students of Color and Public Montessori Schools: A Review of the Literature.” Journal of Montessori Research.
- Debs, Mira. 2016. “Racial and Economic Diversity of Public Montessori Schools.” Journal of Montessori Research. 2(2):15-34.
For more information & publications, see Mira Debs CV.